Thursday, June 30, 2011

Daily Dose #34 (07/01/11)

Howdy Peep-A-Roos:

Well it seems that I have contracted a full blown summer flu. Alternately boiling, freezing, drenched in sweat and incredibly achy kind of flu.

I finished yesterday's installment in a state of delirium; dangerous, considering the subject material. Like texting drunk. Considering NOT to click on the "publish" button is equally if not more of a valid choice than clicking on it at times.

Unlike a real conversation, you can pause for several hours to craft what you want to say, and get it as right as you can. I am still learning as I go to a degree.

I thought it was a good piece in the end, however. I'm now inspired to reveal more inside dope on creation, the creative process, and how to creatively attack that old "art versus commerce" conundrum.

I've tried to avoid the normal "diary" aspect of a blog. ("This is us at the Grand Canyon with the kids", "Which is better? Reeses Pieces or M & M's?"...Discuss!)

For 33 consecutive "Doses", I've tried not only to give my all, but to create stand alone pieces that will weather the test of time. There's no planned obsolescence, or intentional short shelf life woven into their design.

If all pieces are eventually read or seen as a whole, I'm hoping that it will illustrate some of the more spiritual or philosophic concepts I've arrived at over the past five years; oddly enough through the study of more qualitative and quatifiable scientific method, specifically the study of Astronomy. (NOT ASTROLOGY. We'll leave that stuff to Rob Brezny) among more traditional disciplines as well.

Three Hundred and Sixty Five Days. There will be Three Hundred and Sixty Five Tiles.

Like a puzzle or a mosiac assembled one piece at a time, the final picture will not be realized until well into this project.

But if you look towards the night sky and the heavens, imagine one star at a time appearing. And then remember what the celestial sphere actually looks like, with a whole mess of visible stars.

And then try to remember that as awe inspiring is that is, there are an infinite number of stars that aren't visible at all.


If I can get to that point of mindful awareness in 365 days with the help of a like minded tribe, we can all do that together; We can pin those stars in an imagined overhead celestial sphere, one by one by one. Allow the mysteries to unfold organically, and let that sphere invite you in instead of forcing any issue.

If we can get that to happen,I think that maybe we might be able to make a quantifiable difference in our lives, and the people around us.

I know that's grandiose. I'm a "Go Big or Go Home" guy.

Unfortunately, my brain has been boiling for the last 24 hours, and the creative lines are temporarily down, and probably will be through the weekend. I'll give it my best shot, but this one is a stop gap to get to some kind of recovery mode.

There will be no rhapsodic waxing or gymnastic prose bending today. If I have disappointed you, please accept my sincerest apologies.

That said, I just want to cover a few points before I can get back to the regularly scheduled administered shots of "Unruly Caterwauling"

Since initiating "The Daily Dose" project 34 days ago, "The Blog-O-Thon" has received over 10,700 legitimate page views (I don't count my own), according to Google anyway. And everbody knows that you don't screw around with Google, the new ruler of the free world!

That may not seem like much, but I started this blog in 2008. All time Pageview History? 12,000. So 10,700 views in 33 days is pretty significant to me.

This means that some of you folks are actively participating in this project, not only by reading the posts, but taking the next step and actually networking it around your own personal spheres. The concept of the process of "Baking the bread and sharing it freely / tearing off a piece for yourself/ sharing the rest of the loaf with friends and family" is gaining a little traction.

That's pretty awe inspiring to me. "The Dose" starts with content, but one of it's core missions is to illustrate that process: How it feels to participate in that process is more important to me than the content. The content is just a vehicle.

If you can start to feel that same feeling, for me that validates the effort to undertake this project. Sharing is caring.

Yes, I have been shilling for "The Dose" to a degree (once a snake oil salesman, always a snake oil salesman), but not to the point that the numbers would indicate, and certainly not to the degree that the geographic metrics would indicate either. "The Dose" is now read in Russia, The Balkan States, China, India, Africa, All Western European Countries, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea... you name it, somewhere in the world, someone is getting a DOSE.

One thing I didn't anticipate when starting this was how time consuming it would be. So I still need your help, now more than ever.

I'd like to transition out of "shill duty", and focus more on generating quality material. Please consider availing yourself to some of the tools that are provided in the right hand collumn, especially the delivery options (RSS feed, Follow By Email, Google Friend Connect, and Reverbnation) and the Facebook and Twitter "Share" buttons at the top.

If you were amused, edified, enlightened, moved, or entertained in any way by what you read, then using these tools should be part of your Daily Dose experience, ritual and process.

Again, this blog isn't monetized in any way, and won't be. It isn't about being proprietary in any way, shape or form. That isn't the thrust or intent of THE DOSE.

But as much as that is true, it is also true that it won't exist without you reading and then sharing it, kinda like a beach ball at a concert. It's up to you to keep it up in the air so it can sustain momentum. All I ask is that you consider your own power, and the power contained within your own sphere of influence, in that symbiotic equation.

That is the coin of the realm. The mantra? Communal elevation and levitation, through participation


"You may shoot for the stars and end up in a back alley behind Pluto, beaten and bloodied, but at least I dare to dream, and that’s better than being Earthbound, mired in the muck of mediocrity.

I judge my forward progress and success by the crushingly epic nature of my failures.

The more epic the crash, the more I’m convinced I must be doing something right"



AS ALWAYS: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND SHARE THIS BLOG ADDRESS VIA COPY AND PASTE IN AN EMAIL, THROUGH THE TWITTER OR FACEBOOK "SHARE" BUTTONS,WORD OF MOUTH, FILTHY WHISPERED GOSSIP, FALSE NARRATIVE, TIN CAN AND STRING CONFIGURATIONS, PONY EXPRESS, OR CARRIER PIGEON. WITHOUT FEEDBACK OR ACTIVE "SHARING", WHAT YOU JUST READ.... DOESN'T EXIST!


THANK YOU KINDLY,


COLONEL BEAUREGARD "IRON THIGHS" JEFFERSON, A.K.A. "THE MANAGEMENT"

No comments: